- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
- Recent News
- Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Past Winners
- Wine For Waves
- Chowder Chowdown Toronto 2012
- Chowder Chowdown Vancouver 2012
- Newsletter Archive
Ocean Wise Welcomes New Partner, New Chapter Canada
Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program warmly welcomes New Chapter Canada to the Ocean Wise family. New Chapter produces a fish oil supplement, Wholemega®, making this the first Ocean Wise approved fish oil!
Wholemega is made from 100 per cent sustainably caught, wild Alaskan salmon. The good news about the source of the oil used in Wholemega is that it is sustainably sourced from the trimmings of wild salmon that are already caught for food consumption and other purposes. This means that no additional salmon were caught to produce the oil, which is taken from valuable unused parts of the fish.
Fish oil is described by Health Canada as a key source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown in clinical studies to help support cognitive health and brain function when taken regularly at certain dosages.[i]
The partnership with New Chapter Canada is unique because it extends the reach of Ocean Wise seafood choices to health products. To help celebrate this new partnership, New Chapter Canada will donate one dollar to Ocean Wise for each container of Wholemega sold between September 19 and December 31, 2012. More information about New Chapter and Wholemega can be found here.
You can make ocean-friendly choices each time you look for the Ocean Wise symbol next to a seafood item – it is the Vancouver Aquarium’s assurance of a ocean-friendly seafood option.
[i] Health Canada online. Fish Oil. Accessed September 13, 2012 at http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/hpfb-dgpsa/pdf/prodnatur/applications/licen-prod/monograph/mono_fish_oil_huile_poisson-eng.pdf.
- Celebrated #YYC seafood restaurant Catch goes all in -- becomes 100% @ocean_wise. Congrats, team! http://t.co/a4RZFta3fs @catchcalgary — 1 day 5 hours ago
- Celebrated #YYC seafood restaurant Catch goes all in -- becomes 100% @ocean_wise. Congrats, team! http://t.co/a4RZFta3fs @catchcalgary — 1 day 17 hours ago
- Teddie Geach talks about #JellyInvasion and jellyfish tastings http://t.co/dh0ujJmY7M via @VancouverSun @crestaurant — 1 day 17 hours ago