- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
- Recent News
- Chowder Chowdown
- Ocean Wise Sushi Roll Showdown
- Newsletter Archive
- The Ocean Wise Cookbook 2
Ocean Wise iPhone App
Canadians looking to make smart, sustainable seafood choices are encouraged to use the Ocean Wise application—an easy-to-use app that provides consumers with over 3,000 Ocean Wise restaurant locations, markets and supplier venues from coast to coast, and a comprehensive list of ocean-friendly seafood options.
“Our easy-to-use Ocean Wise app gives consumers the confidence to eat sustainably at an Ocean Wise restaurant, while shopping at an Ocean Wise market or interacting with Ocean Wise partners,” says Dr. John Nightingale, president, Vancouver Aquarium. “Ocean Wise is the trusted symbol of ocean-friendly seafood in Canada and I invite all Canadians to download the app for simple, sustainable seafood decision-making.”
The free Ocean Wise application allows users to:
- View up-to-date seafood recommendations
- Search and browse different seafood species
- Locate nearby Ocean Wise restaurants, markets and eateries near you via GPS mapping
- Browse a comprehensive list of all Ocean Wise partners
- Upload sustainable seafood images to our photo gallery
Ocean Wise makes it easy for consumers to identify the right seafood choices—species that are harvested in a sustainable manner by Ocean Wise fisheries. The Ocean Wise app is continuously updated with ocean-friendly seafood options and Ocean Wise partners spanning Victoria to Halifax.
“Every seafood choice we make has a direct impact on the world’s oceans,” adds Dr. Nightingale. “By eating sustainable seafood, we each can make a small contribution to the long-term health and stability of that species, as well as the greater marine ecosystem.”
The Ocean Wise application makes it possible for consumers to enjoy seafood that is good for you, and good for the oceans as well. Founded six years ago, Ocean Wise has more than 600 proud partners at over 3,000 locations from coast to coast. Ocean Wise is nationally recognized as a leading program for restaurants, suppliers, and retailers making sustainable seafood choices easy for consumers.
- Having a BBQ for the long weekend? Consider choosing #sustainable #OceanWise #seafood! #BCDay http://t.co/n0esDOq0Lk — 8 hours 17 min ago
- "I'm incredible proud to be an ambassador for the Vancouver Aquarium @Ocean_Wise program." Chef @NedBell https://t.co/hbukVlO4r5 — 10 hours 17 min ago
- Looking for sustainable salmon? Why not try West Creek's land-based farmed coho salmon now available at @CoopFCL http://t.co/t0l8EhHgOe — 12 hours 16 min ago