- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
It’s Ocean Wise Month!
Join us in celebrating Ocean Wise month this November. Here are a few things you can do this month, and beyond, to make smart choices for our oceans:
· Join us at Chowder Chowdown on Nov. 21 in Vancouver and Toronto! Top Ocean Wise chefs are competing at this fun event for the winning title. Sample a dozen original chowders, paired with full-flavoured beers, and vote for your favourite. Tickets are on sale right now.
· Our brand-new Ocean Wise Foodspotting app launches today, and to celebrate Ocean Wise month, we have a contest running all month long. Spot any five Ocean Wise menu items in our guide on your mobile device for a chance to win a luxurious prize package from either Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver or the Briars, a heritage lakeside resort near Toronto. Visit here to download the app!
· Join us at Shezuan ChongQing Restaurant in Vancouver on Nov. 28 for a special Ocean Wise event. Stay tuned for more details coming soon!
· The Third Annual Sip & Slurp event at 1 Fish 2 Fish Fresh Seafood Market in Langley is taking place on Nov. 8 Celebrate with oyster sucking demonstrations, Ocean Wise inspired hors d'oeuvres, wine and cocktail parings.
· Look for the Ocean Wise symbol next to seafood items for Vancouver Aquarium’s assurance of an ocean-friendly choice. And if you’re a home cook, choose Ocean Wise seafood from our partnering retailers and markets.
· Be an Ocean Wise advocate! Share your commitment to eat Ocean Wise with family, friends and colleagues. Ask your favourite restaurant and retailer to consider becoming an Ocean Wise partner too.
Now, get out there and enjoy some amazing sustainable seafood! Supporting healthy aquatic environments has never tasted so good.
- Choking the Oceans With Plastic via @nytimes http://t.co/7KSOV5iFEs #conservation — 41 min 13 sec ago
- RT @skipperotto: A share of local seafood from local fishermen makes a great holiday gift! #oceanwise #buylocal http://t.co/A2dTgkquhy — 3 hours 55 min ago
- Can Ocean Health Be Saved Through Underwater Apps? http://t.co/OjiPCmYd2U via @HuffPostDenver — 5 hours 41 min ago