- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
- Recent News
- Chowder Chowdown
- Wine for Waves 2014
- Toronto Ceviche Smackdown 2014
- Newsletter Archive
It’s Ocean Wise Month!
Join us in celebrating Ocean Wise month this November. Here are a few things you can do this month, and beyond, to make smart choices for our oceans:
· Join us at Chowder Chowdown on Nov. 21 in Vancouver and Toronto! Top Ocean Wise chefs are competing at this fun event for the winning title. Sample a dozen original chowders, paired with full-flavoured beers, and vote for your favourite. Tickets are on sale right now.
· Our brand-new Ocean Wise Foodspotting app launches today, and to celebrate Ocean Wise month, we have a contest running all month long. Spot any five Ocean Wise menu items in our guide on your mobile device for a chance to win a luxurious prize package from either Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver or the Briars, a heritage lakeside resort near Toronto. Visit here to download the app!
· Join us at Shezuan ChongQing Restaurant in Vancouver on Nov. 28 for a special Ocean Wise event. Stay tuned for more details coming soon!
· The Third Annual Sip & Slurp event at 1 Fish 2 Fish Fresh Seafood Market in Langley is taking place on Nov. 8 Celebrate with oyster sucking demonstrations, Ocean Wise inspired hors d'oeuvres, wine and cocktail parings.
· Look for the Ocean Wise symbol next to seafood items for Vancouver Aquarium’s assurance of an ocean-friendly choice. And if you’re a home cook, choose Ocean Wise seafood from our partnering retailers and markets.
· Be an Ocean Wise advocate! Share your commitment to eat Ocean Wise with family, friends and colleagues. Ask your favourite restaurant and retailer to consider becoming an Ocean Wise partner too.
Now, get out there and enjoy some amazing sustainable seafood! Supporting healthy aquatic environments has never tasted so good.
- BLT salmon sliders, sturgeon kebabs and more at the #ChefsForOceans BBQ in #Kelowna on Sep9th! Don't miss out, tix are only $7! @nedbell... — 7 hours 50 min ago
- Looking for long weekend plans? Stop by @CRAFTbeeryeg to enjoy beer, tapas and support Chef @NedBell #ChefsForOceans: http://t.co/cB4DodJHu0 — 3 days 2 hours ago
- Kelowna! Get ready for chef @nedbell when he cycles in on Sep9th! Tix for BBQ celebration at @ChoicesMarkets only $7!... — 3 days 8 hours ago