- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
- Recent News
- Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Past Winners
- Wine For Waves
- Chowder Chowdown Toronto 2012
- Chowder Chowdown Vancouver 2012
- Newsletter Archive
Blue Water Café: A Special Ocean Wise Partner
In January 2011, at the 6th Annual Unsung Heroes Festival, Executive chef Frank Pabst’s Unsung Heroes took center stage at Blue Water Cafe. A champion of our coastal fisheries, and protective of commercially endangered species, chef Pabst created the Unsung Heroes six years ago. His concept is simple: avoid species that are over-fished, or fished in ways that damage ocean beds or cause unnecessary by-catch, by introducing diners to new experiences and flavours using species found in abundance. Tasting plates included, red sea urchin, sardine, sea cucumber and jellyfish.
Ten percent of the Unsung Heroes menu proceeds have been donated to the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise sustainable seafood program of which Blue Water Cafe is one of its founding members.
To make a reservation call 604 688 8078 or visit www.bluewatercafe.net.
Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar is Vancouver’s definitive seafood restaurant located in the heart of Yaletown at 1095 Hamilton Street. Dinner is served nightly from 5:00pm – 11:00pm with late menu until midnight. Valet nightly.
- Celebrated #YYC seafood restaurant Catch goes all in -- becomes 100% @ocean_wise. Congrats, team! http://t.co/a4RZFta3fs @catchcalgary — 7 hours 48 min ago
- Celebrated #YYC seafood restaurant Catch goes all in -- becomes 100% @ocean_wise. Congrats, team! http://t.co/a4RZFta3fs @catchcalgary — 19 hours 48 min ago
- Teddie Geach talks about #JellyInvasion and jellyfish tastings http://t.co/dh0ujJmY7M via @VancouverSun @crestaurant — 20 hours 18 min ago