- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
- Recent News
- Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Past Winners
- Wine For Waves
- Chowder Chowdown Toronto 2012
- Chowder Chowdown Vancouver 2012
- Newsletter Archive
6th Annual BC Spot Prawn Festival
On Saturday, May 5th, 2012, the city’s top chefs will prepare a spot prawn boil at False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf benefiting The Chefs’ Table Society of British Columbia.
The festival kicks off the BC spot prawn season, which continues on for 6-8 weeks. During this time, you’ll have the opportunity to buy live, locally sourced, and sustainable prawns direct off the dock. Get your catch daily from 1pm onwards at the False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf (just west of Granville Island).
Canada’s largest Spot Prawn Festival and Prawn Boil makes fresh, right off the boat, local spot prawns available for hundreds to taste. Get inspired by our cooking demos then grab your own bagful off the fishing boats ($12 per lb) to recreate these dishes at home.
Tickets for the Spot Prawn Boil are $12 each. This gets you:
- One plate of fresh-off-the-boat BC Spot Prawns, accompanied by sides, sauces and Terra Breads baked goods to mop it all up!
- Entrance into the food, wine, and beer tent, featuring pours from Mogiana Coffee, R&B Brewing, and Ganton & Larsen Prospect Winery
For more information and tickets visit The Chef's Table Society of BC
- RT @brixvan: BC spot prawn ceviche & grilled humboldt squid #SpotPrawnShowdown http://t.co/bqfw4uM21e. Paired @MissionHillWine Res Riesling — 4 hours 41 min ago
- Visit us this Saturday at #FreshStHalibutFest to celebrate this season's fresh halibut catch! @FreshStMarket http://t.co/sp5XR5icZj — 5 hours 26 min ago
- Check out how big lion's mane jellyfish can grow! http://t.co/UCOVp1fkoW — 6 hours 32 min ago