- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
Ocean Wise iPhone App
Canadians looking to make smart, sustainable seafood choices are encouraged to use the Ocean Wise iPhone application—an easy-to-use app that provides consumers with over 3,000 Ocean Wise restaurants, markets and supplier venues from coast to coast, and a comprehensive list of ocean-friendly seafood options.
“Our easy-to-use Ocean Wise iPhone app gives consumers the confidence to eat sustainably at an Ocean Wise restaurant, while shopping at an Ocean Wise market or interacting with Ocean Wise partners,” says Dr. John Nightingale, president, Vancouver Aquarium. “Ocean Wise is the trusted symbol of ocean-friendly seafood in Canada and I invite all Canadians to download the app for simple, sustainable seafood decision-making.”
The free Ocean Wise iPhone application allows users to:
- View up-to-date seafood recommendations
- Search and browse different seafood species
- Locate nearby Ocean Wise restaurants, markets and eateries near you via GPS mapping
- Browse a comprehensive list of all Ocean Wise partners
- Upload sustainable seafood images to our photo gallery
Ocean Wise makes it easy for consumers to identify the right seafood choices—species that are harvested in a sustainable manner by Ocean Wise fisheries. The Ocean Wise iPhone app is continuously updated with ocean-friendly seafood options and Ocean Wise partners spanning Victoria to Halifax.
“Every seafood choice we make has a direct impact on the world’s oceans,” adds Dr. Nightingale. “By eating sustainable seafood, we each can make a small contribution to the long-term health and stability of that species, as well as the greater marine ecosystem.”
The Ocean Wise iPhone application makes it possible for consumers to enjoy seafood that is good for you, and good for the oceans as well. Founded six years ago, Ocean Wise has more than 360 proud partners at over 3,000 locations from coast to coast. Ocean Wise is nationally recognized as a leading program for restaurants, suppliers, and retailers making sustainable seafood choices easy for consumers.
- Take advantage of this beautiful #Vancouver weather with a gourmet picnic from #OceanWise partner @PicnixVancouver! http://t.co/QxkkuFPB45 — 30 min ago
- RT @S7venOceans: #BlueShark´s Threatened by trawl and line fisheries. In this way 10 to 20 million animals die each year #SaveSharks http:/… — 1 hour 48 min ago
- With all that Ontario has to offer, it’s no wonder chefs are finding inspiration in our rivers + lakes! http://t.co/AuZ46NHT49 #FeastON — 1 hour 59 min ago