- Restaurants & Partners
- News & Events
- Recent News
- Chowder Chowdown
- Wine for Waves 2014
- Toronto Ceviche Smackdown
- Newsletter Archive
Welcome to the Vancouver Aquarium Ocean WiseTM Media Centre
If you are a member of the media or a blogger, and are looking for more information on Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise program for any stories you may be working on, this media centre is a great place to start. Please also reach out to us directly to speak with us further, or if you have any questions.
Click to view:
- Ocean Wise media kit
- Ocean Wise media releases
- Ocean Wise in the news
- Story ideas
- Media contact
September 12 - Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Announcement - Calgary
September 12 - Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Announcement - Toronto
May 29 2013 - Ocean Wise launch - Calgary
13 September 2013
Canadian Restaurant News "Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown hits Calgary"
"Soup’s on for a dozen local chefs as the Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown includes Calgary in its city list. The event, which the Vancouver Aquarium-sponsored organization Ocean Wise started on an annual basis in Vancouver in 2008 and Toronto in 2010, will take place at the Hyatt Regency Calgary on Nov. 18..."
20 August 2013
"There’s a curious back story to one of Victoria’s most popular fish and chips restaurants. It all started in the early 2000s when a Hummer travelled from Southeast Asia to Vancouver in a shipping crate..."
15 August 2013
“Why is Ocean Wise important to you? The preservation of our oceans and the sustainable food sources that come from its depths need to be monitored to ensure procreation of these species and avoid overfishing. As well as the preservation of aquatic species that become by-catch of certain types of fishing. We need to help ensure that our oceans stay abundant for future generations…”
14 August 2013
"Recently Szechuan Chongqing decided to partner with the Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise program, with delicious results…"
For media inquiries, please contact:
Communications Advisor, Vancouver Aquarium
- RT @OrganicOcean: @nedbell says "BC Halibut season opens tomorrow!!!" @ocean_wise @SeaChoice #vancouver @FSVancouver http://t.co/Mz5qtbbI13 — 1 day 6 hours ago
- RT @VancouverEater: ICYMI: Why #Canada needs a Sustainable Seafood Day http://t.co/vYhfoSmZgs CC @ocean_wise @OrganicOcean @ChefMichaelSmth… — 1 day 13 hours ago
- @nicolegourmet feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org look forward to speaking to you soon! — 2 days 1 hour ago